WEBSITE: PRIVACY AND DATA USE
Who we are
Our website address is: https://homeandgiftsireland.ie/. We are the online shop of Hidden Treasures, Ballyconnell, Co.Cavan
We do not hold any personal data. Instead, personal data is stored on a remote secure server and is the full responsibility of our website hosting company, who is a SAS-70 certified data centre provider. If you have any questions concerning website privacy and data use, we suggest that you refer to our hosting provider; Hosting Ireland
We reserve the right at all times to place advertisements and promotions on the website. Advertisers and sponsors on the website are solely responsible for complying with all local, national, state and international laws (where relevant) and we exclude all liability howsoever caused there from.
A cookie is a small file containing letters and numbers that can be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. They are created when you access certain websites. Cookies collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour in an anonymous form. They allow a website to recognise users when they return to a site. You can be assured that shopping with us is safe and secure.
Usage of certain cookies on our site is essential to it working fully. A number of important parts of this website will not function if cookies are not enabled.
You can also visit www.allaboutcookies.org for more information.
To get the most out of your experience with using our website cookies should be enabled. Most web browsers are automatically set to accept cookies with the standard installation settings. If cookies are not set to work on your browser the result could mean the performance of this website will be affected and will also restrict your usage of this website which may mean you are unable to buy anything from us.
You are able to check to see if cookies are enabled specifically for PCs by doing for following for each browser type;
Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 6.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window (use the cog icon in IE 9.0) and select ‘Internet options’.
- Click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
- Under the Settings section check the level is Sset to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
- Settings above Medium will disable cookies and could cause the site to function not as we would expect.
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
- Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
- Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
- Then select the Privacy icon
- Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
- Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
- Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
- Click ‘Save’
Any other browsers not mentioned including Smart Phones and Tablets and MACs? If you use a browser not mentioned above or a mobile device such as a smart phone or tablet please use either their help section or own website to check the cookie settings.
We use the information you provide us:
- To administer your account and may disclose your details to our third party service providers for the purpose of processing your order.
- And, from time to time, to inform you by post, email or other available means of products, services, promotions and special offers from our retail channel and homestore + more.
- We will only contact you by telephone if there is a query regarding your order.
- We may pass on non-personal aggregated information about sales and website usage to reputable organisations for research or analysis purposes only.
- To identify you as you travel around our site.
- To provide site usage information, which together with purchase information, will further help us improve and develop the products and services we offer. No recognisable personal information is stored in the cookie that can link it back to an individual.
- We take your online security very seriously. Our hosting provider is PCI Level 1 compliant and we cannot overstate the importance of that assertion by an independent third party.
When you contact us you provide your name and email address. This information will be kept for 1 year. We will use this information to help with your queries and it will not be used for marketing purposes.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
What We Collect & Store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
We accept payments through PayPal and Stripe. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal & Stripe, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.